ASI Steel Sustainability Awards 2024 – entries now open
BlueScope is proud to be the Major Sponsor of the inaugural ASI Steel Sustainability Awards
The Australian Steel Institute (ASI) has launched the Steel Sustainability Awards to recognise exemplary achievements in sustainable design and use of steel in the Australian built environment. Entries are now open.
The awards will shine a spotlight on the entire steel supply chain, focusing on two key areas:
- The use of steel in building and construction projects.
- Company sustainability initiatives related to steel.
The ASI welcomes participation from architects, designers, engineers, steel manufacturers, distributors, fabricators, processors, builders, and constructors to showcase their collaborations and achievements.
The awards feature four categories, with a fifth presented if warranted to recognise an overall exemplary entry.
- Large projects ($10m or over) - Use of steel in design and construction projects for sustainable impact (new build or refurbishment)
- Small projects (less than $10m) - Use of steel in design and construction projects for sustainable impact (new build or refurbishment).
- Company sustainability initiatives (large business, 75 or more full-time employees) - A company-specific, steel related initiative that has resulted in positive sustainable impact.
- Company sustainability initiative (small business, less than 75 full-time employees) - A company-specific, steel related initiative that has resulted in positive sustainable impact.
- Judges award - An award, if warranted, recognising one exceptional entry across all categories.
Benefits of entering
Winning entries will be showcased as a leader in sustainability in ASI media releases and newsletters. Your business/project will also be profiled on either STEEL SELECT® or steel.com.au.
In addition, your staff can also be recognised for their project contribution. A case study profiling your award-winning entry and contributions from staff will be included in ASI’s steelAustralia magazine.
More information and enter
To learn more about the criteria for each award category and to submit your entry, visit the awards web page at steel.org.au/sustainability-awards. Entries are now open and will close on 10 November 2023.
We extend our best wishes to all participants and look forward to sharing the winners in early 2024.