Revisions to Structural Steel Standards
This update communicates some important changes to several AS/NZS Structural Steel standards: AS/NZS 3678; AS/NZS 3679.1 and AS/NZS 3679.2.
This update communicates some important changes to several AS/NZS Structural Steel standards.
Revisions to the following standards were published in April 2016.
- AS/NZS 3678 'Structural steel – Hot-rolled plates, floorplates and slabs'
- AS/NZS 3679.1 'Structural steel Part 1: Hot-rolled bars and sections'
- AS/NZS 3679.2 'Structural steel Part 2: Welded I sections'
Key changes specific to AS/NZS 3678 include:
- Extending WR350 grade availability from 20mm to 80mm;
- Lower sulphur limits for Z25 and Z35 grades; and
- A requirement to not intentionally add boron and to report boron levels.
For a summary of what has changed and why Click here to download the Technical Summary PDF.For details of the actual standards outlined above, refer to the actual standards at www.saiglobal.com. If you have any questions, please contact BlueScope Steel Direct on Free Call 1800 800 789.
Note: This update intends to advise customers of the existence of revisions to various AS/NZS standards. It does not intend to provide detailed information regarding the revisions. Customers should access the actual standards at www.saiglobal.com to determine relevance to their particular business and products.