BlueScope is committed to producing steel products that conform with all relevant Australian Standards.
BlueScope products manufactured at our Australian sites are fully traceable to the point of production, conform to all relevant standards, are clearly branded or labelled as per the relevant standard, and are supported by documentation - including, but not limited to, product data sheets, safety data sheets, and BlueScope test certificates.
In Australia, BlueScope certifies compliance with many independently established and accredited organisations, such as BSI Global for our Quality (ISO 9001:2015) and Environmental Management Systems (ISO 14001:2015), NATA for our internal testing laboratories, ACRS for hot rolled structural products, Global-Mark for ATIC Scheme 10, and CSIRO and AWTA Product Testing for our coated and uncoated product fire testing to AS 1530.1-1994 and AS/NZS 1530.3:1999.
For further information on these certificates, please visit the BlueScope Library.
Our products are supplied in accordance with one or more of the following Australian Standards unless otherwise agreed or required by the specification:
- AS/NZS 1365:1996 Tolerances for flat-rolled steel products
- AS 1397:2021 Continuous hot-dip metallic coated steel sheet and strip - Coatings of zinc and zinc alloyed with aluminium and magnesium
- AS 1548-2008 (R2018) Fine grained, weldable steel plates for pressure equipment
- AS/NZS 1594:2002 Hot rolled steel flat products
- AS/NZS 1595:1998 (R2016) Cold-rolled, unalloyed, steel sheet and strip
- AS/NZS 2728:2013 Prefinished/prepainted sheet metal products for interior/exterior building applications - Performance requirements
- AS/NZS 3678:2016 Structural steel - Hot rolled plates, floorplates and slabs
- AS/NZS 3679.1:2016 Structural steel Hot-rolled bars and sections
- AS/NZS 3679.2:2016 Structural Steel Welded I Sections
For further information on these standards please visit Standards Australia.
Conformance to Standards is vital as it gives the specifier and purchaser confidence that the material obtained will perform as intended in the design and use phases of the product.
To ensure conformance: