It's all about how it's made
Tested in the harshest Australian conditions over the last 50 years, COLORBOND® steel is far more than just 'paint on steel'.
- The steel base is made to meet Australian Standard AS1397, ensuring strict adherence to the highest quality grade and finish of your steel.
- The steel base of the panels is coated with Activate® technology, BlueScope’s globally patented and industry leading metallic coating that ensures outstanding anti-corrosion performance.
- A thin pre-treatment layer is applied to enhance the adhesion of further coatings.
- A polyester primer is baked on to the surface.
- A topcoat of specially developed exterior grade lead-free paint (compliant with Australian/New Zealand Standard AS/NZS2728) is baked on and will have enhanced resistance to chipping, peeling and cracking and to ensure the finish retains its look for longer.